Bioheat® Sets the Stage for the Next Generation of Ultra-Efficient Equipment
Oilheat has become progressively cleaner and more efficient for South Carolina homeowners over the last few decades. And it keeps getting better. Over the last few years, heating oil has been reformulated with Bioheat—heating oil blended with renewable, ultra-low sulfur biodiesel.
This recent transformation is truly revolutionary because Bioheat fuel oil is safe, cleaner burning, much more environmentally friendly and significantly more energy efficient. The growth of Bioheat has paved the way for the next generation of compact, super-efficient oil boilers and oil furnaces.
The latest oilheat systems are small, smart and super-efficient and can save you, on average, 30% or more on your annual heating costs. There are many different equipment options to fit your budget.
7 Quick Points about Oilheat Efficiency
- New oilheat systems have efficiency ratings as high as 95%; this provides oil-heated homes with more warmth for less fuel.
- Fuel savings have reached as high as 48% when outdated boilers have been replaced with new, high-efficiency oil boilers.
- Many new oil boilers use energy-saving controls that greatly reduce fuel usage during mildly cold weather and provide a more even heat with fewer temperature swings.
- High-efficiency oil furnaces feature variable speed motors that use about 80% less electricity than older motors and provide more consistent airflow and temperatures.
- New oilheat systems are so reliable that most manufacturers offer long-term warranties; if something ever fails, it’s easy to get replacement parts.
- New oilheat systems are much smaller than older ones. The average boilers and furnaces today are compact yet powerful and are similar in size to a three-drawer filing cabinet.
- Oil packs a wallop of heating energy, providing efficiency and for every gallon of oil burned, nearly 140,000 Btu’s of heat are produced. That’s the equivalent of about 70,000 60-watt lightbulbs.
Oilheat—the more you know, the happier you’ll be using it! Contact your local heating oil dealer in South Carolina to learn how you can use this clean, safe and efficient fuel to your best advantage!
Sources: National Oilheat Research Alliance, U.S. Energy Information Administration, NYSERDA, US Census Bureau.